Welcome to the Hayle Oral History Project & Hayle Churks app Blog

To hear a selection of audio clips please click here.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Please let me know your reason/ reasons for not trying the free Hayle Churks mobile phone app by using this questionnaire

You're interested in Hayle History and Hayle memories/ oral history recordings so I would really like to know what your reasons are for not trying the mobile phone app so that I can work out what is preventing people's participation and hopefully come up with some solutions! Please click on this link to the questionnaire or you can email me or message me on the Hayle History Facebook page or leave a comment as the suggested reasons are given below in this post. 


https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12J81Em802JO8as8oDJpOSJlUz9QCaIT3sZN5fnp968I/viewform
The questions asked are these:

Why aren't you testing the free Hayle Churks app

Please select the reason or reasons why you are not testing the free Hayle Churks mobile phone app or write your own reason in the box further down

- I don't have an iPhone or an Android smart phone that has been mentioned on the Facebook page as working.
- I don't have headphones
- I don't have a splitter so that someone can plug their headphones in to my phone and share the experience & walk with me.
- Even if an iPhone was loaned to me I wouldn't do it as I feel insecure about the technology and my ability.
- Even if I was loaned an iphone I would be worried that I'd break the phone.
- The walk can take up to two hours and, even though I know I don't have to do all of it in one go or even finish it, I don't have that time.
- I don't want to do it alone and no one I know is interested.
- I do want to do it but I don't like the idea of walking with headphones, they are uncomfortable.
- I do want to do it but I don't like the idea of wearing headphones and walking as I may get disorientated.
- I do want to do it but I don't like the idea of walking with headphones because I'd feel conspicuous/ self-conscious.
- I am worried I'll look stupid walking around.
- I will wait until it's published & the 'listen at home' feature is there so I can listen to it while not walking.
- I'll wait until it's published for iPhones on iTunes and will go for the walk then. I'm not interested in helping to test it.
- I don't really understand what it is.
- I like factual tours and this has memories of Hayle people/ stories and that's not my taste.
- I don't like the process, I have to message or email to get the download details and other things like signing consent forms or having to give feedback.
- I am interested but find walking difficult
- I have hearing problems and think it may be difficult to get the right volume.
- I have health issues that make being away from home difficult.
- I have bad eyesight and am worried I won't be able to see information on the phone screen

Please explain in your own words why you've decided not to test the app now

Do you live in Hayle?

Yes, I live in Hayle
No, I don't live in Hayle
I live in a village near Hayle

Thank you. That would be super helpful. x

No comments: